+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moon phases or solunar tables

Default Re: moon phases or solunar tables

Quote Originally Posted by Wild One
    Quote Originally Posted by flyandtie
    yup, i seem to lose my favorites on my computer sometimes.
    then i have to find them all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    "
    Oh, and as an aside ...I wish you would use the first person ...I... you deserve it....
    im a little confused right now. Can you explain to me?
    thanx
    I write for a living (business type, not novels or anything) and I'm a little confused as well. Chris's post here does use first person. (I fish using them...

Wait, just kidding, now I get it (I hope). You are trying to show that the tables and moon phases are irrelevant and the fact the they have never let him down, is really just a result of good presentation with the right flies. Right? That does make sense. Chris, DM's trying to convince you that they don't work and you should take credit for catching fish, not give credit to a theory.

I wish I was that clever, Wild One....

It goes way back to grade school when we were taught the first person "I" should always be capitalized...for some reason when I see "i" it bothers me ..even when my son does it...and for some reason I'm feeling very grandfatherly toward Chris and feel he's worth the capital I so you were close.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandtie
    yup, i seem to lose my favorites on my computer sometimes.
    then i have to find them all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    "
    Oh, and as an aside ...I wish you would use the first person ...I... you deserve it....
    im a little confused right now. Can you explain to me?
    thanx
    I write for a living (business type, not novels or anything) and I'm a little confused as well. Chris's post here does use first person. (I fish using them...

Wait, just kidding, now I get it (I hope). You are trying to show that the tables and moon phases are irrelevant and the fact the they have never let him down, is really just a result of good presentation with the right flies. Right? That does make sense. Chris, DM's trying to convince you that they don't work and you should take credit for catching fish, not give credit to a theory.[/quote]

I wish I was that clever, Wild One....

It goes way back to grade school when we were taught the first person "I" should always be capitalized...for some reason when I see "i" it bothers me ..even when my son does it...and for some reason I'm feeling very grandfatherly toward Chris and feel he's worth the capital I so you were close.[/quote]

Aaahhh. I see and agree with you. punctuation, spelling and proper grammar go a long way in my book as well.
    Leave No Trace

OHHHH I SEE I will definately use a capital "I" from now on and proper punctuation.

thank-you gus.

Blog Entries

about the lunar cycle, ive heard that bluegill spawn every full moon during the spring and summer, so the few days before it are the best fishing because they are eating alot to get ready to spawn, and then the days after it are not as good cus they just want to rest and they want a slow easy meal. but then i was fishing the day after a full moon(by chance, i just fish when i can) and the bluegill fishing was just as good as before, so now im not sure...

I have a Garmin Etrex Vista GPS that has the solunar tables built into it as one of it's functions. There is also a local web site that I view from time to time at http://www.capmel.com that has solunar tables on it. The problem is that my GPS and the tables on the web site seldom agree. The GPS seems to have higher standards. An old timer once told me to see what the cows are doing before you go fishing. If they're laying on the ground in the shade stay home and do something else. If they're standing chewing their cud you might just catch something. If they're feeding you're in business. He told me "nature is always in harmony." Who am I to argue with an old rancher.

Rusty <><

PS. if I have the time, I go fishing.

This is the one I use.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/moonphase/

Tight lines.

Greg

+ Reply to Thread