+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok People Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Default Ok People Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Challange: Submit "something" to FAOL of value.
    Rules: Has to FLY fishing related.
    Exceptions: Must be of quality. (IF it's already here don't send it in again)

I'm one up on ya!

[url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/friendsofFAOL/:024f5]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/friendsofFAOL/[/url:024f5]

jeffie:

I am puzzled by your " Challange: Submit "something" to FAOL of value.
    Rules: Has to FLY fishing related.
    Exceptions: Must be of quality. (IF it's already here don't send it in again)"?

As a Chartered Member of "Friends of FAOL", a member of FAOL that has written many articles for FAOL.

I have been a Swapmeister for "Beginner's Only" on FAOL, this is the third year and have hosted over 12 groups of Beginners through 6 monthly swaps, in that time.

Have held a couple of contest contests on FAOL (as part of a published articles.

Offered a CD of FAOL's "Fly of the Week" archives (free will donations for covering costs, to all members of FAOL. Took me 2 years of work to compile 7 years of fly patterns, with no charge to members outside the USA).

I have done all of this, not for myself, for honors, or reconigtion. I have done this to pay forward, for those who have come before us, who shared this passion called fly fishing.

There are thousands of members on FAOL,who are way ahead of you, by their actions, to make this the best site on the Internet for fly fishing information. Through their participation on the Bulletin Board, written articles, and other indevours.

There are thousands of members on FAOL, who are way ahead of my own contributions. So I am puzzled by the Bulletin Board Topic.

~ Parnelli

"If you can put a price on something, it is not worth much!"

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 17 February 2005).]

Steven,
    You are are absolutly correct and I do agree with you. Just trying to get people motivated who may be thinking sending something in but were hesitant.
    The real challenge is in find something that's not already here! I'm going to try dying some hackles this week using the koolaid. Got that tip here, there's a hugh amount of great info and help here. I do thank you all.
    I know the subject is shouting but it was supposed to.

Jeffie,

From the actions of fine people such as Mr. Steven H. McGarthwaite and others from my FAOL family I have learned much more than I knew about acts of kindness.

Myself, I am going to make a large picture of koolaid today and take it over to my neighbor. My neighbor is eighty and it will spark good conversation, I will learn something more about him and put a smile on his and my face.

Got the tip right here!

PS: Neighbor Don also loves to fish!

[This message has been edited by Steve Molcsan (edited 17 February 2005).]
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Steven doesn't know it yet, but I'm waiting on an order I placed with Bob at Hook and Hackle should be here soon and I'm gonna be tying up a bunch of flys for spring. I don't have a phone line in my tying room upstairs and can't easily run one. I do have a laptop and the CDs Steve sent me so I'm gonna be ok!
    Thanks Steve would have been a lot of trips up and down stairs otherwise.
    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread