Thanks to Donald Nicholson and Ron Eagle Elk, I located and purchased W. H. Lawrie's book, All-Fur Flies and How to Dress Them, and it is a very good read on tying flies with no hackle and has excellent justification for not using any hackle. I would recommend this book to any fly tier. It is a book for those who pretty well know the art of fly tying. You do not have to be a professional tyer, just know the basics of tying and you will enjoy the book. I have only read half of the book, but, had to stop and tie a fly using all fur for the body and hackle. It is a far cry from being a thing of beauty, like you see on Nicholson's web site, but, I think it will catch fish and turned out to be easier to tie than what I thought.

The body is made from the soft gray/blue under fur from a muskrat hide and the hackle/legs are made from the darker guard hairs from the same muskrat hide The hook is a Tiemco #2302 in size 14.

Get the book and you will not be sorry. It is an excellent read and will get you to looking at flies in a different "light".

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o37/ ... FurFly.jpg