This week my oldest son and his wife moved away for a career change. In the last two years that they have lived back here in the old home town, he has begun to develop an interest in fly fishing, and was just getting the hang of it. But . . .
The move is to Brussels, Belgium. My daughter-in-law will be teaching kindergarten for at least the next year at the International School there. Very prestigous job for a teacher!! My son, a lawyer by trade, has been developing a secondary career as a writer. He plans to spend the time over there doing free-lance work. The way the school year is set up, the two of them will have ample opportunities to travel all around Europe. At least some of my son's writing will be based on their travels and adventures, and he has a contract to write a column for our local newspaper.

Next spring, my wife and I plan to go for about a 2 week visit. We've saved up 7 personal leave days from school (both teachers), plus a couple weekends, and maybe a few dock days to enjoy ourselves.

Gee, do they have fly fishing in Belgium??

CJ