Yes, that is correct. Shack nasties in July. The month started out good as I got some unexpected, and welcomed, vacation over the July 4th week. It was all down hill from there. First Amy's car has to go into the shop for an oil leak. There goes $80 bucks.

First week back at work and I assume I am having a bout with my allergies and sinuses. Wrong! It is a very potent viral infection. Heads straight into my lungs and now I have bronchitis. Do you know how it feels to be shivering in 90 degree heat. I do. It sucks! So the doc puts me on antibiotics that give me really bad oral thrush and a yeast infection. Yes, men do get yeast infections but it usually indicates diabetes.

I have a family history of diabetes so doc orders blood work. Blood work comes back with sugar in the normal range but climbing. Not good. We now have to go in for regular monitoring. I finally get released to work but now all of my leave is burned up. I am so week from the illness that it is all I can do to load the trucks for the troops in the gulf. Can anything else go wrong? You bet it could and did.

First Friday back at work I am driving home in a very hard rain storm, in the middle of rush hour traffic and my ZX2 throws the accessory drive serpentine belt. Well there goes $184 for towing and repairs. Got the $90 for towing back from the insurance. Car just came out from under warranty.

The only time I got out during this month was to take the pictures of the rods to post and I paid dearly for that. I also took Amy out to supper on the day that doc released me. We ended up shopping at circuit city for a new Vista P.C. Got a H.P. Pavilion with nvidia and AMD 5200 dual core processor. Well I had to spend money on something other than cars.

I got out to the lake for a few hours today. The wind was up and blowing my 2wt line all over the place so I just ended up talking to a retired gent. He has never fly fished and wanted to know if I would help him to learn on a Fenwick glass rod that he has. That did make me feel better.

I apologize if I seem a bit crass in my posts. Please try to understand why. End of rant.