pspaint. I've only been up once; last year. It was kind of a suicide run. Up on Thursday night, fish all day Friday, then a five hour drive home. I was very much out of my league...didn't really know what I was getting myself into gear wise. It was funny. At about noon, I realized that I would have a heck of time landing one alone and net-less. It was kind of funny in that "what exactly was I expecting" kind of way. I've got at least one trip up on the books with buddy of mine that goes up there every year...should be a much different experience with someone who actually knows what they are doing.

MFT. I would definitely be up for some carpooling. I remember all of those winter posts showing you and paint with some monster steelhead...I think anyone would be crazy not to come along. You still in Baltimore? Have you been up to beaver in a while...I haven't been all season and was thinking about giving it a look since a lot of the water around me seems pretty tepid.

FG- I am also interested in taking a look at those echo rods....particularly their two tip models for freshwater. That type of things makes more sense to me for something like a two hander...but for a 3wt? Needless to say I want to take a look.

so about the reel...specifically....what would you guys suggest. I've never been that concerned with drag (for my trout streams), so any suggestions would be helpful.