+ Reply to Thread

Thread: glow bug /egg tool

Default glow bug /egg tool

im looking to make a home made glow ball tool / does anybody have any ideas on what to use / my wife loves fishing them i hate to tye them / would apreachate any help thanks

Default Re: glow bug /egg tool

The best tool? A large drinking straw! Get mine from Steak and Shake! (I think the cafe in Borders Books has a wide straw, too, but I haven't looked recently. If you cut the straw in thirds, you get three for the price of one, that's free to start with!!) Feed the materials through the straw, advance a bit out the end, hold it to the hook, tie it in, cut it off from the main supply, and fluff it out!! It doesn't get much easier than that!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

they also have them in jackin the box and other fast food places like that.
    i walk in there just for the straws!

an empty pen with the ink cartridge taken out works well. It's the same idea as the straw, u use it the same way.

Normand Guest

u can pay $9.95 or use a free straw (from mcdonalds) as others have said

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

I use 1/8 OD copper tubing from the hardware store. I cut a piece about 1-2 inches and flare both ends slightly with a punch. Smooth the edges with emery cloth. It is tough and thus I can get a lot of yarn through. The size of it is such that I can make tiny eggs if desired.

The original EGG GUN will make a egg in 30 seconds-no waste no trimming. The package contains three tubes 2 small and one large and a wire loader. The wire loader is long enough to go thru the tube with a hook on the end to pull the yarn thru. The tips can be made from ball point pen ends with the hole, one drilled out to 7/64th and one 9/64s. for 3 to 8 MM eggs. Smalll tip takes one piece of yarn hooked in the middle and pulled thru the tube . Add more yarn for the larger tip and you can add a contrasting color to add dots to the pattern. Pull the yarn thru trim (the loop off)1/8 past the tube end and tie. when egg is formed pull out anothe 1/8 and cut off the first fly. BILL

+ Reply to Thread