I?m looking to get a list together of all wilderness fly-fishing destinations. Ok, maybe not all, but as many as possible. I?m basically trying to plan some type of tandem fishing and backpacking/climbing/biking/?floating? trip each year. There are a ton of places that I would like to fish?.for now I?m only interested in wilderness areas. Ideally I want to put myself out in the middle of no-where, and then hike/fish/camp my way back to civilization.

Here is what I consider a Wilderness Destination:

You have to be able to camp on or near the water for an extended period of time. This would extend over some type of distance as well. Ideally I plan on moving about 5 miles a day for at least 7 days.

You should be able to be access the general area by car/van ? I?m trying to keep these trips financially reasonable. Ideally the cost would be plane ticket to get near, transportation to/from the trailhead, food, and fishing license/whatever other permits I need.

The water does not need to be near the access. I have no problem walking, riding, or climbing to get to good water.

Good/Unique fishing opportunities.

General Isolation. I?m not looking for amenities, just rugged landscapes and phenomenal fishing.

Please let me know if you have a place in mind that would fit this description. I would also be interested in hearing about good places like this to float through. Any suggestions welcome.