+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dan Craft Cascade Taper ???

Default Dan Craft Cascade Taper ???

Curious if anyone is familiar with these blanks?

Ordered a 9' 3 wt as that was exactly what I was looking for size wise..it was hard to find 3 wts in the 9' lenght.

Anyhow, these were on clearance.

Can't find any info on them, wondering if they are decent blanks or should I consider it a cheapy?

Default Re: Dan Craft Cascade Taper ???

I own a Dan Craft 7'-0" 1wt, and am very pleased with it. This seems to be the general consensus among rod builders that I know. Of course, there will ALWAYS be the dissenting opinion. Since you already own it, give US a report on how you like it after you build it.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Have only read positives on the Dan Craft lines of blanks so far EXCEPT this particular Cascade Taper.

Can't find anything on it anywhere. Haven't received it yet so I was just wondering if it will be decent...the price was very low.

I don't expect it to be lighter than air and faster than lightening but hoping it is not a broomstick either.

Hopefully it is on the way and I'll report back when I get a hold of it.

If in doubt about a particular blank, just call Dan at the number listed on his website, and he'll give you the details (and then some). When I ordered my 1wt, I called him to ask one question, and he talked to me for over 20 minutes to be sure I had all the information I needed. He's a stand-up guy who wants you to have the blank that is right for your particular style of casting/fishing. My experience with him has been echoed many times on Rodbuildingforum.com, so it must be valid.

Have a great build and be sure to post some pictures.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Yeah, I have already spoken to him to correct a web site glich and emailed.

I'll just wait and see. Someone over on the rodbuilders.org indicated the Cascade plant out west shut down and I am betting it is about the same as the Rainforest IM6.

For 30.00, I suspect it should build out about right for what I want...I use a 7'0 3wt in IM7. It is a little fast and I would like to try casting the 9 footer. seems it should get some further distance and roill cast a bit smoother.

Anyhow, the site is full of these Cascade tapers so if in the market, it might be a good deal...

Got the blank yesterday..quick service, I might add.

Looks and feels like a decent blank in deed.

It's IM6, so again, not a rocket or the thinnest, lightest out there...but I didn't want that either.

Just glued the tip on, have to wait for the cork on cork reel seat and handle to arrive to finish it up.

Anyone else looking for what seems to be a pretty good deal in a work horse blank might want to check the Dan Craft site. There were more sizes available when I ordered.

Seems to have a stout lower section and a nice mid-tip flex, can't wait to fish it.

Decided to guide it on the inside of the spine...some say that will add power to the cast stroke.

Dan is a super one man show and he will deal with you fairly and honestly by my experience.

I don't know how iImissed this post but I have ordered several of these blanks a while back and have sold several of them to cusromers two of the 9' 3wts and I have nothing but good things to say about them i love them and they just eally do the job without breaking the bank. DC and his wife (her name escapes me at the moment) are one of the nicest couple of folks you could hope to deal with as well. I have one of the 5wt and a 10wt sitting on the bench that I am going to build for myself as well.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread