+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smallmouth fishing.

Blog Entries

Default Smallmouth fishing.

I went out yesterday to do some fishing again. I was targetting carp, like usual, as I have yet to catch one. After a couple hours they were just swimming by my flies. So I put on a fly I got at Canadian Tire. A Tandum Muddler? It's a good sized fly, I started throwing it out into this big pool that holds lots of panfish and young smallies, so after 4-5 casts my line starts pulling from my stripped out line. I knew I had a good sized smallmouth. After a couple mins I get him in and just like a few days ago, a good sized mature fish.

Can you catch the same fish multiples times? I'm certain this is the same fish. Maybe a tad smaller but I doubt it. Of course I caught him on a different fly than days before. Much much bigger fly.

Anyways, it was fun nontheless. My fishing partner is my 18 yo son, and he's a bit ticked that I've been catching the big fish haha, I told him to start fly fishing

Take care all, sorry to ramble, but I'm totally stoked, the biggest fish I've caught have sofar been this year since I started FF.
    Shane

Default Re: Smallmouth fishing.

To answer your question.
    Yes it is possible to catch the same fish multiple times in a day. or in multiple days as well.

i have done it with trout many times.

Thats great news, that you caught your largest fish to date!
    He'll learn soon enough to come over to fly fishing when he sees you catching more and more fish!

+ Reply to Thread