+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Atlantic Salmon Fly

Default First Atlantic Salmon Fly

Hi all, This is my first attempt at Atlantic Salmon Fly tying. It is nothing compared to the ones that were in the contest, but I think it is a good start. Give me your opinion good or bad!!

Thanks, nen-bran

Default Re: First Atlantic Salmon Fly

I know not a thing about atlantic salmon or atlantic salmon flies, but if I tied that, I'd be proud.

nen-bran,
    You did a good job! especially on the body. Try golden pheasant crest for the tail, seal fur for the body and different colors of hackle.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

What a great start! Hurray for you...have you found the tying instruction for Atlantics here on FAOL? There is also at least one in Al Cambell's Advanced Tying lessons. Keep at it, before long you'll be a winner in our Annual Tying Contest too.

Nice start as Ladyfisher said. Look up our lessons in the atlantic salmon tying section here on FAOL and by next year, you'll be ready to enter the contest. If you ever have any questions, let me know.
    Happy Trails!
    Ronn

http://ronnlucassr.com/

Pay atention to every word ronn lucas says. I am a beginner, i have been tying these for about 3 months, so if you practice, and don't let any thing slide, time will definitly pay off.

Luke

P.S. this is what i mean by time will pay off, it is my best yet, but, belive me, you can never have a perfect fly, but you may create some very nice eye candy some day. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214 ... ies106.jpg

Also, don't be discouraged by the expensive prices of things. only buy the good quality stuff, and don't buy the ultra rare stuff, stick with the sub's.

+ Reply to Thread