As promised I have taken photos of the A.J. Stamm and Horrocks & Ibbotosn rods that belong to a friend of mine. I contacted Golden Witch to inquire about A.J. Stamm. They think that this was a custom rod maker as they could not find any info on them. I gave them a detailed description of the rods and they told me this sounds like the rods were custom made. OK, lets get at these rods. I need you folks to help me determine the monetary value of these rods. One thing to note is that all of these rods have staggered nodes.

The rods were refinished by my friends' grandfather and are not without flaws. I will list the flaws as we go along.

First we have an A.J. Stamm 8', 3/1 1tip, Line#-7 with brown and black jasper wraps. all of the hardware is original. The tip has a slight set to the left, probably won't affect casting, and the female ferrule on the center piece is cracked. Ferrules may be nickle silver but I can't tell for certain. The rod is honey colored. All sections are equal in length.

Next is an A.J. Stamm 9', 3/2 2tip, Efecto, Line #6-7. All hardware is original, ferrules appear to be brass but are pinned and in very good shape. Both tips have a set. One has a slight "fishing" set that should not affect casting or fishing. The other tip has a more severe set and should probably be straightened. Both tips have beautiful red agate inserts. One insert has a slight chip out of it. The wraps on this rod are beautiful blue, gold, yellow, red and green. All sections are equal in length.

Next is a beautiful A.J. Stamm bait rod. a 9', 3/1 1tip, "Coho, Calcutta". Beautiful carved wood black grip, down locking seat and those same beautiful blue, gold, yellow, red and green wraps. All hardware is original and the tip has a red agate insert. The frame on the tip has a small opening in the ring that can be easily soldered. Can be fished as is.

Here is a Horrocks & Ibbotson, "Governor", 9', 3/2 2tip, with original hardware. The stripping guide is loose and has a small chip in the red agate. A simple re-wrap of the guide and a little work with the dremel tool should fix this or just replace the guide. The butt section ferrule has a small crack but it is very tight. All sections are of equal length and straight as an arrow. No set to any of them. I personally like this rod but I am a sucker for these old mass produced rods.

Next is another bait rod. 9', 3/2 2tip. Unknown manufacturer. Ferrules are OK but most of the guides are missing. Both tips straight but one tip is badly split. Beginning to de-laminate. Probably just a wall hanger for display.

If you folks can help me figure out what these rods are worth I would be very, very grateful!