+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terry (akalooker)

Default Terry (akalooker)

Terry,
    I just wanted to put you on a pedestal for ONE day!
    User Stats; Joined June 30, 05, Total Posts 251 (Hopefully many more!)
    Profile;
    Location; Tempe, Arizona
    Age- 44
    Occupation- Just Tired-Not Retired
    Interest- Fly Fishing, Wing Shooting, Photography and This Dog Gone Computer Fishing Forum madness!

Terry, You are a Special person to me on the BB! You have the highest standards and you are a Class Act!
    If it wasn't for you! I probably would never visit the For Sale BB! You inspire me! Thanks for being YOU!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Terry (akalooker)

I'll heartily second that description!!!!
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Hey there Doug,
    A fellow once said just that about me and was promptly beat to a pulp by a horde of unruly people who apparently disagreed with him. Go figger.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    Hey there Doug,
    A fellow once said just that about me and was promptly beat to a pulp by a horde of unruly people who apparently disagreed with him. Go figger.

Mark
    OH! I'M REAL SCARED!!! Since you brought it up Mark, YOU are NEXT!!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    Hey there Doug,

Mark
    OH! I'M REAL SCARED!!! Since you brought it up Mark, YOU are NEXT!!!
    Doug

Ill throw in with Doug and rest, just wish I had won the lottery so I could help with Terrys gear finding a new home

I also feel Terry is a class act. I only wish I had the funds to take more of his bamboo off his hands. If I ever get to his part of the country there are two men I want to meet before I do anything else. Terry is one of them and Jim Williams is the other.

Terry my hats off to you buddy

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Terry,
    I just wanted to put you on a pedestal for ONE day!
    User Stats; Joined June 30, 05, Total Posts 251 (Hopefully many more!)
    Profile;
    Location; Tempe, Arizona
    Age- 44
    Occupation- Just Tired-Not Retired
    Interest- Fly Fishing, Wing Shooting, Photography and This Dog Gone Computer Fishing Forum madness!

Terry, You are a Special person to me on the BB! You have the highest standards and you are a Class Act!
    If it wasn't for you! I probably would never visit the For Sale BB! You inspire me! Thanks for being YOU!
    Doug

Hey Doug,

Wow! When I signed onto the board and saw my name as a topic, I thought uh oh, I must have really done it now!

To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised and emotionally moved when I read your post and the post of several others whom have extended me their friendship on this board over the last couple of years. Sometimes without knowing it's perfect timing, an expression from the heart can lift up someone who desperately needs it, you guys and gals are the greatest people on the face of this earth!

By the way just so you know, I had 800 to 900 posts stored in my "Treasure Chest" prior to the last FAOL face lift, but almost ended up a Newbie before it was all over. I think a Pirate stole them, Arrrrrgh!

I truly appreciate every single friendship that has been kindled here, and for the support from everyone on FAOL during my continuing health issues. I am truly blessed to have such great friendships like these, and to be counted as part of a family where flyfishing is the center of their passion; who could ask for more!

Doug, crook33, Marco, clyde, and Rocky, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for your very kind words; I think it is now you who have inspired me.

God bless you all,

Terry

"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

Terry,
    You have a great posting style and it gives me something to shoot for. I've been impressed with you and concerned about you for quite a while and I'm glad I could do something for you!
    I hope that you can feel better! I know what it's like to have physical pain and it is tiring!
    Just take one day at a time and make sure to wake up every morning and please keep posting!
    Thanks,
    Doug

Terry I have a family reunion this weekend and Sunday about 1:00 in the afternoon there will be 30, 16oz flat iron steaks hitting the grill. One of them has your name on it my friend.

And if you can't make it, don't worry. I will eat it and think of you with every bite.

Take care my friend
    Rocky

+ Reply to Thread