Well, I finally made it up to BTW tonight and caught one rainbow. Actually, it was a "hands free release" right at my feet, but by golly, I'm counting it as a caught fish. It was not large, about 12" or so, but was fun.

Here's a question for the folks who fish there a lot. The water was like trout soup. I've never seen that high a concentration of trout and they were all hitting on the surface. I couldn't get more than a look see at a nymph.

There was some kind of hatch going on with a tiny flying bug. These things were about the size of the head of a pin, brown and there were thousands of them on the water and the trout were going nuts. I saw a number of fish jump clear out of the water to grab them in flinght.

Unfortunately, I didn't have anything that small. The smallest dry fly I had was about a number 16 yellow with brown hackles. I have no idea what it is called. That is what I caught the fish on. However, I got all excited and was not watching my back cast and lost it in a tree. Everything else I had was larger in the 12 to 10 range Adams and some elk hair caddis about the same size. I had a lot of lookers, but only a couple strikes on the caddis but even those strikes were half hearted.

My question is what do you guys use in the way of flies on that stretch of water?

I mainly fish warm water for smallmouth and sunfish. I did toss a couple hoppers and even a chernyobyl ant but they didn't even get a passing look.

Thanks,
Jeff