Thursday was one of those days that only happens once in a while. The weather started off nice and cool with a ghostly mist over the water. The Rainbows cooperated all day being between 9" and 13" and the largest fish being a 16 inch landlocked atlantic salmon. All you needed was a good presentation to hook af fish. The rain started about 1100 but nothing could keep me and my fishing partner off the water. It's nice when you find someone else that is as much of a diehard as yourself. All the rain of the past week has swelled the river a few feet and the temperature was between 67 and 70 degrees on Thursday; most surely cooling a bit after the deluge.

If you are in the area a quick stop would be well worth the effort. The temperature is high enough to let you wet wade for a few hours. Fish the pocket water and runs and faster pools below riffles. The long slow pools hold nice sized smallmouth if you want a good change of pace, but the trout are few and far between for me in those stretches. We fished hoppers with wet fly droppers most of the day, but fish came on deep nymphs and streamers as well.

Wading can be tricky in most spots so be careful. In a full day I fell 3 times and had numerous close calls. Nothing major, but take your time or you can hurt yourself. Good luck and have fun.