I just got a SYLK Floating DT3 line. Previously I had a DT3 Floating Wonderline. I have a 9 foot tapered monofilament leader with a perfection loop tied in the butt-end, and I attached it to the Wonderline (which came with a loop connector tied on) loop-to-loop. With the new SYLK line having no such connector, I decided to give "Castwell's Knot" a try since my leader already had the loop needed. By the way, I don't remember "what" tapered leader it is, (manufacturer etc.) only that it ends in 6X and I add 6X tippet to it as needed.

So I go out and cast my new line to see how it works, and... My casting loop looks (and feels) good. (tight loop, no tailing etc.) but when it gets to the leader it seems to stop unrolling and simply "hangs there" until it drops, bringing the leader/tippet/fly with it. It's as though someone put up a glass wall I can't see, but is always right where my line-to-leader connection is. Forward cast, back cast, doesn't matter.

With the Wonderline, the leader completely turned over with no problem. Since the SYLK line is quite a bit more supple (and thinner) than the Wonderline, I'm wondering...

Is this a case of "hinging" and I need a more supple butt end to my leader for the SYLK line?

or

Is this some "fault" in my casting which was previously hidden to me, and is now very evident with the SYLK line?

or

Is Castwell's Knot the culprit and I should use a nail knot or some other more complicated and cumbersome connection?

or

Is this a characteristic of SYLK lines and I need to learn how to use them?

Any ideas/recommendations will be appreciated, and thanks for the help.

------------------
---David