+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wonderful!

Default Wonderful!

In from Warren Patterson - Hummingbird with eggs and Babies!
    Got to see itl
    http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/index.html

Thanks Warren

Default Re: Wonderful!

Wonderful is right! Their precious jewels!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

thats beautiful

That is neat. I always knew Warren was a bird brain! I can say that 'cause Warren's one of my good friends...or he WAS!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

That's really nice, Warren, thanks.

I had a similar experience a few years ago but didn't think to take pictures as I was too busy protecting them.
    I was pruning a hedge in Palm Desert when I realized I had exposed such a nest. Now the direct sun down there can be brutal so I thought I had created a major problem the hummers.....so for the next weeks I spent my time wiring branches to surrounding foliage to form a shade canap? as all of what you recorded took place.

Anyway "we" successfully raised the little buggers ...what impressed me [besides the little jelly bean eggs] was how crowded that nest got before they left.

ducksterman,

I would love to take credit for the pictures, but, I did not take them. A gentleman who was in one of my fly tying classes a couple years ago sent me that link and I just had to share it. That is something that I feel a lot of people will never see their entire life. I know that I am 59 and have never seen that part of a humming bird's life.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Exactly my thinking ,Warren...I've been on the lookout since then without success.

I guess I am blessed because I have witnessed several humming birds and young thru the years.
    I have some 35mm pics of one of my kids standing next to a feeder, arm on post with up to 8 birds lined up on the arm waiting to feed. This was in '88' during the Yellowstone fires. Oh yes, at the ranch in EDEN Wyo.
    WE would go thru 2 or 3 fillings of the feeder a day. The birds would come to the kitchen window and chirp until someone filled the feeder! The hummers that are at the ranch every year still come to the window when the feeder is empty!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread