While I KNOW that everyone on this board knows what's right and wrong in regards to stream courtesy; I urge all of you dog owners to PLEASE tell your fellow non-fishing dog owners that having Fido chase a ball in the creek while people are fishing is WRONG and it will get me really pi$$ed; and you don't want to do that because the repercussions can get UGLY!

Yesterday I was attempting to fish in a local creek. The water was clear and the fish were feeding UNTIL some yahoo with two mutts decided to frolic with his curs RIGHT BETWEEN ME AND ANOTHER FISHERMAN in the next pool! The mutts muddied up the waters; put the fish down and put me a BAD mood. The guy was REAL lucky he had four inflated tires when I left in a huff as he walked upstream with dogs following behind.

An overreaction maybe but possibly that's what some folks need and I admit I'm not afraid to do it.

The fact I wasn't armed and he had two dogs to defend him prevented me from confronting him but the next time; I will be armed and may take my chances because this type of behavior is TOTALLY uncalled for. This @#%head could have easily went far above or below me and things would have been fine.

BTW this is FAR from the only time I have had run-ins with dog owners who feel that the stream is Rover's playground and it doesn't matter if it effects someone else's pleasure of the same resource. I even had one dog get tangled in my fly line in a park where it was SUPPOSED to be on a leash. When I told the lady I was going to either cut my line or the dog's leg to free my fly; she was indignant even though SHE was breaking the law. I also routinely have to deal with swimming flea traps in park where they are PROHIBITED and there is a DOG PARK right up the road!

Forget about calling the authorities; they're too busy catching speeders which is stupid when the leash law violation carries a $1200 fine!

What the #!*% is wrong with people these days who only care about themselves, their kids or their pets? I just don't get the lack of courtesy thing. I wasn't brought up that way, THANKFULLY!

Please tell your fellow pet owners that "creek fetching" ignorance is as bad as leaving those doggie calling cards all over the place.

They both STINK!

"This is Bambooze and I approve of this message..."

...end of rant!