+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dingo vice - anybody got one?

Default Dingo vice - anybody got one?

Just curious about these vices, I think they look real nice, and are Aussie of course, but I wonder how they stack up against some other vices at the high end of the market.

Does anybody have one or have used one or just have an opinion anyway?
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Default Re: Dingo vice - anybody got one?

Gringo:
    Have you read Denny Conrad's Product Review on the Dingo vice? He seemed pretty impressed by it.

Larry Compton

Yeah Larry I did. I was hoping he would talk me out of one but he didn't!

A thread I was following here in Oz about them seemed to conclude that while they are very good, there are equal or better for the money. I deduce from that, that the consensus was a matter of being "overpriced"? Being Australian that would not surprise me.

I am currently using a Mongoose with cam jaws and it is a terrific little machine. I am quite happy with it but still curious about the Dingo. I do like a quality product... I would enjoy a few nice vices more than jewelry. Tying vices I mean!

Anyway comments welcome.

Yes, I still have both of my Dingo vises. They are a bit pricey and would I ever buy another one? You bet in a hot second.
    There are many good vises on the market but none that are better at holding, ease of use and best of all they are made of stainless steel, not some plastic modern stuff so popular today.
    I can find nothing I might want to be changed on the Dingo. All other vises, and I have tied on all of them, have at least one feature that I do not like.
    The Dingo may not be for you, but for me it is the perfect vise. I tied commercially on mine for two years. 900 dozen per year. Then a lot of flies for my own fishing. I have given it a very hard and complete trial.
    I have both the MKI & MKII. One being a true rotary with base. The other is a clamp on with no rotary feature. I sometimes like to tie on one or the other so both are set up 24-7 on my tying bench. Being single I can and do have my tying bench set up here in my front room so when the mood moves me I can and do tie.
    Love my Dingo's.

Denny
    Denny

Thanks Denny. I am finding it hard to resist one.

Perhaps I could say it is my patriotic duty as an Aussie to buy one... It must be one of the last products we make in this country now. (LOL)

+ Reply to Thread