Morning folks--Wow! Am I ever learning a lot, even more from my friend Leo--an older gentleman who has mentored me greatly in restoring and maintaining classics. Now he is fussing at me about transitioning from cane to graphite for reasons of action. It seems there are cane rod blanks currently being producted that have moderate and fast actions very similar to graphite but with cane sensitivity. Hmm. It seems the major difference is weight. For those of you who have experience in both, are there other differences?

dleo--I led you astray, sorry. When you asked about NCP silks in Jasper, I looked at my stuff. I had wrapped two rods, one a Montague and the other something a friend picked up on E-Bay that was unidentified. I wrapped both in NCP. Guess what, it was not silk, it was nylon from Gudebrod. My bad, sorry. Now I don't know if silk is even available in NCP. Besides, it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped so I sort of dropped the idea. They are attractive but not as bright as I had hoped. Thanks for keeping me honest.