Well it finally happened. After three years of watching me flail about in water up to my hips, while peacefully casting from the shore, my wife wants to learn to fly fish. You know what triggered it? We were doing a bit of bass chasing with one of the kids, and he landed a bowfin. That was a fish nobody was going to touch but me, so mama grabbed my fly rod and tended to the popper on the end of the line while I subdued and released the killer bowfin. No she didn't catch a fish, but on the ride home she said "that was kinda fun". She had managed a couple sort of roll casts while I was engaged with the boy and his shark, and that was all it took. Anyway, I would like to shop around and suprise her with her own rod and reel. She really likes my St Croix 4 weight, in fact, I can't get my hands on it. So I thought something in that range, with maybe a little more asthetic value would be a good choice. One of Joan Wulff's Custom rods for women is a bit out of our budget these days, so a more pedestrian rig will have to suffice. Any suggestions?