Hi,

Cosseboom's, for Atlantic Salmon, are very popular in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Tied for salmon, the hackle collar is usually quite short lengthed fibres, and often quite full. In the photos of the ones I've tied up for trout, the collars are much longer, mostly because I don't have dyed hackles that would fit the size 10 hooks to the same proportion. Also, the tail is typically a piece of floss, but I tend to use a pinch of the fluff from the base of hackle feathers.

Here's a link to the Cosseboom as one of the Fly of the Week (here on FAOL: which seems to be the source of the story I read on the red head!) The fly was invented by John Cosseboom in 1922.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytyin ... 9fotw.html

Another Atlantic Salmon fly that I've tied in smaller sizes for trout, and that uses orange floss, and grey squirrel tail is the Rusty Rat:

The tail is peacock sword, and the body is split half (rear orange floss, front is peacock hurl), with a grizzle hackle for the collar and grey squirrel tail for the wing. Again, tied with red thread for the head. A piece of orange floss should be tied in as an underwing, but I had forgotton to include that in this version.

- Jeff