Well, my Uncle and I took a two hour private lesson today with Tom Jutras of Mountain Road fly shop in Raymond, NH. I can say it was worth every penny of the $70 spent. My Uncle and I don't kid ourselves that we have A LOT of practicing to do, but Tom was very patient, helpful and hands on. The perfect teacher. Our casting needs serious improvement, but Tom got us started heading in the right diection. My problem is a good backcast, but I always kill it on the front cast.....too much wrist. My Uncle, on the other hand, needs work on the backcast but has a good front. Tom made the joke "whats funny is if we could melt the two of you together we would have a perfect caster!" My leader came out of the water looking like a spider web of knots, but my Uncle and I agree (and as Tom informed us) it is tough to deprogram dozens of years worth of baitcaster and spincast fishing. If we had tried this on our own (as I tried a couple of times) we would probably be discouraged as hell. But now we have hope and a place to start. I am going to pick up a Wulff wrist lock training aid to help me get used to quitting the limp wrist problem. Then it will be practice, practice practice.

But whats more important is my Uncle went into this with a "Eh, sure I'll give it a try attitude" and has come out with the "HOLY S**T, I can see how this gets addicting real quick!" attitude.

I think this is going to be real fun!

Brian