Well I haven't been to N. Manitoba but I've been around BC going back to the early '50's and that was what I'd term 'out there', so just how 'backwoods' is it where you are? For example, do you have pavement within 26 miles of your place? We din't in BC and it was murder in the summer months...you know, last three days of July, first three days of August,...what with all the dust and we traveled in an open jeep a few times. Plus we had no running water or electric lights in our little place and had to have meals at a lodge within walking distance. Such memories though.

I don't have any problem with mail order but I ask questions, take names, jot down times and if something comes up I call the customer relations number and give them the story....actually had one famous mail order house send me a call tag for a blank that was supposedly USA made...said Taiwan on it when I got it...full refund, no shipping back plus original shipping refunded...they looked at the thousands I had spent apparently (all with no problems or errors btw) and decided I was worth it. Anyway...I get everyone's point on mail order. I got used to asking questions and writing date, time, representatives name/badge number etc. Cuts the arguing back and forth way down.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

P.S. Here lately, one very reliable house
gives me a tracking # when I'm finished
placing my order. Could always ask for
that too from those that don't.