+ Reply to Thread

Thread: grrrrrrrrrr

Default grrrrrrrrrr

i orderd some fly stuff so i can go to lake i orderd it local.
    it should of been here yeterday that would of been late.
    now i called today its a differnt story can't they have enough _____ to tell me they lost order don't want business or back ordered so i wont shop were i cant trust em. have to find what i need fast so i can get on watter.

Default Re: grrrrrrrrrr

I've been there....it is frustrating, specially if the store sells reels and rods, etc. It's like, there is not much money to be made in the fly tying stuff, so no biggie.
    I second your Grrrrr and add a Aurgh!

Yep, frustrating and I notice more and more the fly shops aren't into rod building components anymore.

Problem though when mail order goes haywire...I like that some houses tell you up front the item is back ordered instead of like some where they ship part of the order with BACK ORDERED on the order sheet for your more important items !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

moose
    they will not tell u any thing its upto you to figure this out.
    its late then they go its still on the way not backorderd. then still nothing
    then u find out they lost the order. forgot to put order in. and after a while
    they did't even order what you wanted when u get there u get someting totaly different.

like my big order i called shop for a new tube got a answer yeah we can get one like that
    i waited for em to get back i contacted em they didn;t do any thing i called mail order and poof got one,
    if it wasn't for mail order or online id have nothing

Well I haven't been to N. Manitoba but I've been around BC going back to the early '50's and that was what I'd term 'out there', so just how 'backwoods' is it where you are? For example, do you have pavement within 26 miles of your place? We din't in BC and it was murder in the summer months...you know, last three days of July, first three days of August,...what with all the dust and we traveled in an open jeep a few times. Plus we had no running water or electric lights in our little place and had to have meals at a lodge within walking distance. Such memories though.

I don't have any problem with mail order but I ask questions, take names, jot down times and if something comes up I call the customer relations number and give them the story....actually had one famous mail order house send me a call tag for a blank that was supposedly USA made...said Taiwan on it when I got it...full refund, no shipping back plus original shipping refunded...they looked at the thousands I had spent apparently (all with no problems or errors btw) and decided I was worth it. Anyway...I get everyone's point on mail order. I got used to asking questions and writing date, time, representatives name/badge number etc. Cuts the arguing back and forth way down.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

P.S. Here lately, one very reliable house
    gives me a tracking # when I'm finished
    placing my order. Could always ask for
    that too from those that don't.

+ Reply to Thread