Yes, you can be fined for trespassing on public owned property that has been closed our state. Normally that is property that has been closed do to a danger to public health, not a dunderhead Governor who refuses to work with the house and senate to achieve fiscal responsibility.

The General Assembly, House of Representatives and Senate, has refused to sign the Governor's budget because it would eliminate the 6.5 billion surplus we currently have and put us 2.5 billion in deficit. They have given him some concessions and tried to meet him half way, but they refuse to raise our taxes and let our government grow out of control. Governor Rendell is refusing to give any concession to the Assembly. He is using the budget, and some 25,000 state jobs, as a weapon to attack this Assembly. However, this is the same Assembly that held a midnight meeting, unannounced to the public, to vote themselves a pay raise prior to the last election. Many of them paid for that with their jobs. The Governor thinks he cannot be harmed because he is in his second and, by law, last elected term for Governor. So, one is just as bad as the other.

I went out to pull my canoe form it's mooring slip this afternoon and the park rangers told me that, even though there is one day left to negotiate, the budget will not be signed. The parks will be closed at 12:01 a.m. Monday morning.

When I went to pull my canoe out of the park today here is what I found out about this mess that has really got me fired up today. The rangers informed me that there was supposed to be very large group of children form the local youth daycare centers at the park Monday. That just really burns my butt! How dare they take the one free day these kids get for fun at the park! I am livid about this! Bad enough that 25,000 state employees are forced to take furlough without pay until a budget is signed but don't mess with the kids!

Joe, I grew up just 12 miles from the Ohio line in a little town called Grove City, Pa. I have nothing but respect for the people of Ohio. I have family there. Ohio and her people have always been the rock our nation can count on.

I am so sorry, I did not intend this to turn into a political rant. Finding out what is going to happen to the children just really lit my afterburners.

LadyFisher,
If this post is out of line please delete it. I do not wish to offend the wonderful folks here at FAOL.