Okay, it's sort of a naive question. However....here's my take on it.....

t
I recently got bitten by the yak bug and am looking to replace my WaterSkeeter 'toon with a LL MantraRay or Hobie Outback.

I've also realized that it's time to trade vehicles from something I've enjoyed in the past(responsive nimble handling turbocharged torque monster hatchbacks) to something that better supports my stream/river addiction. Toyota Tacoma' and FJ Cruisers catch my eye, but I assume a Ford Ranger or Chevy S10 would do the same job of carrying my 'yak.

So here's the issues.....tossing a 70# yak ontop of a PU looks a bit awkward. If you don't have a top for the bed, how's it all work out? I thought a PU would be the WAY but after looking at the rigs pullling into Ohiopyle, frankly, a Subaru Outback looks ALOT more practical/'comfortable. Helll,my current hatchback looks more convenient if I add a rack. It's quite areach to the top ofa truck or FJ.

How'dya haul these things? My 'toon is a PITA because it's so "haulable", I'm sick of tearing it down and building it back up. Roof to river sounds alot better........