+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pontoon: Navigator II MADE BY: North Fork/Dave Scadden

Default Pontoon: Navigator II MADE BY: North Fork/Dave Scadden

Does anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/navigator2.html

Ease of assembly? Looks like there is almost none ...as opposed to a regular pontoon boat????

Cross between a float tube and pontoon?

Control in the water?

Other?

Default Re: Pontoon: Navigator II MADE BY: North Fork/Dave Scadden

Hi ducksterman - Why not get the scoop straight from the "horse's mouth"? If you call North Fork up, ask for Larry Tullis. Larry is flat out THE BEST when it comes to knowledge of pontoon boats, and he's not a high pressure salesman. It's like getting advice from a trusted fishing buddy. You will not be disappointed.....Ed

Normand Guest

call em and get the 2006 and 2007 free dvd's and watch use their products.

Actually Normand I have that DVD...this is a new product...in fact I found it on a forum that Larry Tullis was very active on and he said they planned this for a 2008 product but liked it so well they came out early....probably compounding some of the customer service I hear about...

FG...I'm waiting

Ducksterman,

There were some of these products at the WRMC FFF Expo in West Yellowstone this past weekend, including the pontoon boat you are asking about. I looked it over pretty well and visited with a few fellows who had taken it in the water. From what I saw and what they said, this is top of the line gear. Regards...
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Ducksterman, I will tell you this, I have a 7 yr old Cardiac Canyon which I swear by and I bought the H3 in February. I wish now that I had waited to buy the Navigator. It is the BEST of THE BEST!
    9' long and set up like the 6' H3 except it has a zipper in the back for a motor with a diamond plated shelf for battery. The oar holders are metal and welded in the fabric (very thick by the way) of the tube (a plate about 8" X 8" with the curve of the tube and than a 6" or 8" tube coming out for the oar holder. It also has a bar that goes across the front for your feet while rowing.
    The bladders are thick Urethane and Halkey valves. Outer cover is a thick smooth PVC coated cover. Side pockets are insulated to double as an ice chest. Inflateable seat is very comfortable.
    I am on the list to get one, but they are on back order.....so I am foaming at the bit right now.
    Fold up to nothing and I drive a Suzuki Grand Vitara, so this is a big plus.

Ducksterman,

I have one but haven't been able to get on the water with it do to some health problems. I'm hoping to give it a tryout this coming week. There were several key selling points for me ... According to Dave Scadden it is supposed to handle up to class III whitewater without a problem ... since it is frameless it only weighs about 20#, much better than my 65# 10' pontoon ... and it folds to store in it's backpack storage bag.

If I recall correctly you live in the Eugene area. I'm in Albany. If you'd like to get together and try it out let me know. I'd be glad to meet up with you.

Dean

+ Reply to Thread