As I stated last week I'd have the date for the fish-in posted this week. I have looked at all the options and spoken to a few people at the park to see when in October would be the best time for a fish-in. It was pretty much unanimous that the second week, after the Columbus day weekend would probably be the best. It was explained to me that because of the Columbus Day weekend, there will be more fish in the river, so the fishing will, by all means, be better. We will also miss the biggest part of the leaf drop (where the leaves falling off the trees land in the water) that is most prominent during the last week or two of October

Therefore, the date has been set for October 6th through the 14th.

I will post all the details in the fish-in section and keep everyone updated here on the community forum.

I truly hope that these dates work for everyone, even if you can only make it for a day or two.

A head count and dates you will be there would also be a big help. This will help me get the presentation schedule nailed down. I spoke with Charlie Reading this morning and he will be more than happy to do a presentation on one of the evenings, I just need to give him a ballpark figure on how many and then give him a date, so the more we can get the better. If you've ever stopped in at his store then you already know that he's very passionate about fly fishing and all subjects related. You will really enjoy listening to him speak.

I have other things in the works too, and will post more as I know more.

All contact information for the park and other lodging possibilities will be posted on the Fish-In forum as soon as I can get it up there.

I look forward to hearing from you all, and meeting those of you who can make it in October.

Thunderthumbs.