Around midnight tonight we left and went to a small manmade lake, around 3-5 acres large. The plan was to take my fly rod and my spinning rod. Then my wife, and my son was teasing me and told me I wasn't catching a thing with the fly rod, and it was a good thing I was taking my spinning. So I decided not to take my spinning outfit at all. Afterall, I need to learn.

So anyways, we got there around 1, maybe 1:30am. Full moon, I couln't see my fly at all. But I was more trying to cast than anything. My son was using a jitterbug, and I was using some fly I had kicking around, looked like a nymph of some sort. I didn't get anything.......at first

Then as I got casting and was stripping line (still getting the hang of that) I got a hit, so I tried to set the hook, that didn't go to well. And I lost whatever it was. So I kept at it, and I started catching Bluegills, one...after.....another I'm using a 6-7 wt 8' rod with 6wt line. So there wasn't any fight. But I didn't care, I was practicing. Setting the hook isn't as easy as a spinning outfit, this fly rodding is much more difficult, but I find it much more rewarding. It's more fun. Takes much more skill. So, I kept the fly I caught my first fish on

I'm totally happy, and excited. Went down to 11 degrees C tonight, so it got cold and we left early.

Oh well, enough rambling. Thanks everyone for all the help and advice, it's starting to pay off. Oh yeah, one more thing. My leader got tangled a lot, and I had to cut and retie it 3 times, I made my own, so it wasn't the greatest, but it worked for the tiny fish. Frustrating, but it rocked

Thanks again,
Shane

P.S. My sons words a few days ago when I said I was going to learn fly fishing was "It looks stupid". Tonight, his words were "Now I have to get into fly fishing". Haha, he caught nothing.