Quote Originally Posted by Okey D. Payne
Wanted: Fly Fisherman Mag. Dec '06 features an article by Hans Van Klinken how to tie the Klinkhamer Special. The hook that he specifys is a "Partridge Klinkhamer GRS155T" Does anyone know where I can buy these hooks?
Okey Payne, N.E. TN
Hello Okey

The Partridge GRS15ST was discontinued a few years back but before you groan from frustration . . . I'm happy to say it was dropped because we relaunched the hook with a better point and finish. The new GRS15ST is now called the 15BN. Same shape but now with a black nickel finish and better quality control. To go along with the 15BN we (Partridge/Mustad) launched the 15BNX which is the Klinkhamer Extreme. This hook, like the GRS15ST and 15BN were designed with the guidance of Hans Van Klinken. The 15BNX has a more exaggerated bend on the shank for a better fly orientation.

Now the article you mention sure did create a huge demand for these hooks so incentory levels were pretty much wiped out but additional product has been arriving so I know shops are catching up on backorders but stocks are still tough at most shops.

Stone River Outfitter's in NH, Chris Helm at Whitetail Fly Tying Supplies in Toledo and Bob Marriott's are a few that stock them but again, inventory is so tough right now I'm not sure if you'll be able to find any at this time