+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are they serious about this fly?

1. Default Are they serious about this fly?

A parachute San Juan Worm? What would the application be for such a fly pattern? I just found it on a website selling it as "Perry's Para Worm."

It seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Okay, it seems like a very BIG stretch.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Are they serious about this fly?

LOL, Im sure it caught somthing somewhere, or some fisherman somewhere.

Eric

http://www.montanafly.com/pic%20for%20p ... 030280.htm
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

That's one of the silliest flies I have ever seen. Must want to catch very green fishermen with it.

John Perry originated a very good fly...Bugmeister...and put out a well done DVD on fly tying...some solid techniques ...sure don't know what that fly is supposed to do...other than "something different".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD
    LOL, Im sure it caught somthing somewhere, or some fisherman somewhere.

Eric

http://www.montanafly.com/pic%20for%20p ... 030280.htm
    This fly was developed by the 101st Airborne. When the Para Worm parachutes out of the sky, the Vertical and Front Stabilizers SLOWWWWWSSS!!!! the Para down, WAY down!!!, So the on-board camera can do survelliance of the FISH!
    P.S. It was Top Secret until someone exposed it on the net.
    Doug P.S. P. S. OK! so I don't know how to spell survaylance!!!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Dougie,
    I bet it does even better in a "freefall", but what if that worm loses it's chute?

I think it's time to invent parachute bead head nymphs! That way, next time I fall in, I can see my fly underwater.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike,
    Bass Pro has Underwater Video Units for the Bass Guys and it could be rigged to a Fly (Para Worm Bead) The fly camera would have to be tiny, but those Tech Engineers need something to do!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I could see this fly working very well but I do not think I would have tied it like that.
    Joe Fox

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Dougie,
    I bet it does even better in a "freefall", but what if that worm loses it's chute?

I think it's time to invent parachute bead head nymphs! That way, next time I fall in, I can see my fly underwater.
    Mike
    Ohiotuber, everybody know what happens when a parachute fails to open. You get a streamer.

BTW, Dshock, the 101st is airmobile.
    The 82nd is airborne

I have friends who are alumni of the 82nd and they are quick to jump on that, pardon the pun.

Ed, who likes tanks (stock and otherwise)

Ed,
    Thanks for correcting me. I POSITIVELY wouldn't want any 82nd Airborne guys mad at me!
    It would be interesting to see IF the Para(chute)Worm decended slower than other flies after being pushed out of a C-130!
    Doug P.S. Ed, IKEA furniture store is opening today by the Portland Airport and YES, there were many people camped out all night in line.... To Buy FURNITURE!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread