It's been 7 days since I was bitten. I thought I would post an update.

I have been confined to the couch/bed for days. I have been out of the house 3-4 times. Twice a quick run to work, and a ice cream run. I think my wife and I are gonna run to Sears this afternoon to pick out a new stove.

The swelling is down about 65%. There is still significant swelling around the toes and ball of my foot. I got bit on the second toe. The heel area and lower calf are down to almost normal. I can actually put some weight on the heel of my foot but I can't put the front of the foot on the floor with any weight yet. I am down to taking Advil for the pain. It's working pretty well. I sometimes need a single Vicodin, mainly at night after moving around taking a bath etc.

I can finally move my toes apart some to see the area where the fangs went in. I feel fortunate as there does not appear to be any permanent damage at the bite location. I hear some people lose toes and have some permanent damage at the bite location. It's not over yet, but the skin at the bite area looks normal, a bit red and swollen, but normal.

Don't get bit . . . be careful out there!

-wayne