Well, some of you know I'm a first timer at FF. I also may be getting in over my head. However, I'm loving it this time, now that I'm older, and when I'm interested in things, I usually try and get into it as much as possible.

With that being said. I'd like build myself my own rod, I want a nice, I don't mind spending money, I'll take the time and buy what I want, then do the work. I have a crappy rod and reel as it is right now so I don't really want to spend $200 to build a rod when I want to build what I would consider my dream rod. I'd like to have a couple, maybe 3 rods, but I still want some nice rods. So I'd rather sink my money into what I want.

I know from past experiences that it's not bright to sink a lot of money into a project when it's the first project. But, with what's said above, I have a few more questions.

How difficult is it to build a rod? Is there any "walkthroughs" that I can find on FAOL? What processes can't be fixed when building a rod? I'd like to build 2 dream rods, well, like I said, what I consider my own dream rods. But, one for Salmon, one for Trout. And I then might built a 3wt for pans.

Is there anywhere in Canada I can buy online what I need, if not, what's the best places online I can buy from?

And basically any information at all anyone can add for me to be aware of, or tips, hints, anything. I appreciate it greatly. I'd hate to have to throw away a $100-200 blank into the trash.

You guys are great, thanks alot for all the help,
Shane