Here it is, 4 days before leaving for the Fish-In, and all my jobs are caught up (no, I'm not taking any more work until I return). I sold two jobs for when I get back so I decided to start organizing everything for the trip. Still have a couple dozen flies to tie, but I could get by without them. So, off to the basement I go and start lining up the rods; 2-piece 1wt, 4-piece 2wt, 7-piece 4wt and 4-piece 5wt. Something's not right here, let me check again. 1wt, 2wt, 4wt and 5wt. I'll be darned, there's no 3wt rod in the mix. But wait! the mailman dropped a box the other day from Hook & Hackle that I haven't opened yet. Well, don't you know that inside that box is a brand spanking new 7'-9" 4-piece 3wt kit just waiting to be built.

Yep, I opened it up, layed out the goodies, ground the guide feet, slected a thread color and started cranking out this baby. The ferrules are all wrapped along with the stripper and two additional guides. The grip and reel seat will be dry in the morning and I hope to have the rod in the dryer by lunch time. Then I will be a WHOLE fly fisherman...1,2,3,4 & 5. I'm leaving the 6, 7 and 8/9 home for this trip.

The reason I need a 12-step program is because this is rod #10 since the end of January. This is really a bad addiction. Every time Ron sends an e-mail I feel obligated to order something. Gotta get off that list.

Joe