lastchance,

Please be advised that I am a non-traditional fly fisherman and what I use may not be considered appropriate, but, also understand that I catch the fool out of fish doing it my way!

I make my own fuled leaders.

They are made from 4 pound test Berkley Vanish Flurorcarbon.

They are 7 feet long and they sink very quickly.

I have built-in loops in both ends of the furled leader.

I attach the butt end loop to my fly line with the Castwell knot.

I attach the tippet material to the tippet end of the furled leader with a loop-to-loop system for ease of replacing the tippet when it gets to short.

I purchase 4 and 6 pound flurorcarbon line in the 200 to 250 yard spools and transfer it to smaller spools that can be carried in a chest pack or vest. I will pull off at least 6 feet of tippet material and attach it loop-to-loop to the furled leader and that's it. Nothing fancy or complicated.

I usually use the 4 pound fluorocarbon on a 4 weight or smaller and the 6 pound on 5 weight and larger and have been know to use it on the 4 weight.

At this time, I am not using any weight to get the flies down and I am fishing water from knee deep to 6 foot deep. You just have to remember to get the fly up stream and mend your fly line to give the fly time to sink as it comes down the river at you.

Most important is to take your time, concentrate on casting upstream and mending your line as the fly comes down so that it can sink and then feed line back to it as it passes you so that it will continue to sink. Watch your fly line like a hawk and set the hook when it twitches, moves funny or stops.

Have confidence that you are going to catch fish with this method!

And last but not the least, since I do not drink, you can make the trip here to fish with me with the beer money you save by not having to purchase any beer for me!! How's that for a deal!!!?

If you do get a chance to come to Tennesse, please do look me up and we will spend a lot of time fishing. I will look forward to it.

Let me know how you do.