I am throwing this idea out for a swap I have in mind.

Its called the 'Archive of Old Flies' and heres how it will work. This swap will be open to 12 tiers (including myself). I will pick out some flies from the "Archive of Old Flies" on this site and each tier must pick out the one they want to tie. It would also be required that you stick to the old and original dressing materials as close as you can. Obviously you may substitute for exotic feathers and unavailable hooks etc. Please stick to the original recipe as close as follows.

Heres the list:

Marlow Buzz

Warden's Worry

Buzz Hackle

Picket Pin or Picket Pin 1910 (one or the other)

Hornberg

Birds Stone Nymph

Stayners Duck

Emerald Shiner

Adams

Black-nosed Dace

Black Pennell

Bivisible

Ken Lockwood Streamer

Mormon Girl

Incredible Silver Minnow

Wet Flies Rediscovered (any pattern)

Again all of the above flies can be found in the ?Archive of Old Flies? page on this site. Heres how to get there: go to the home page and in the menu bar on the left side of the screen click on ?Fly Tying?, then look for ?Old Flies and Stuff? and click on that. Scroll down to the bottom of the page that appears and click on ?Archive of Old Flies? and you're there. If you've gone to the ?Fly of the Week? archive you are in the wrong place.

This swap is geared for the more advanced tier, but all are welcome providing you can tie the above mentioned flies.

Please do not declare the fly you want to tie just yet. This post is just to see if there would be any interest in this swap. If there is enough interest, then I'll convert to an official swap.

At that time, I will start to accept fly choices. The choice is on a first come first served basis and ties will be awarded to the first poster for that pattern.

Thanks for your time in reading all of this and I hope there is enough interest in making this swap a reality. I'll leave this up for a few days and then decide.

At this time this is just an idea.