A couple of friends from our local FFF chapter, my wife, and I are starting a Project Healing Waters program for wounded service members and disabled veterans here in the Ozarks. I corresponded via email with Mr. Colburn and spoke via phone for quite some time this evening with Ed Nicholson. TFO has committed to material support for this expansion of the PHW program into our region. And you just cannot say enough good stuff about Rick Pope, Jim Shulin, and all the great folks at TFO.

Anyone unfamiliar with PHW needs to check out their website at http://www.projecthealingwaters.org

We are currently working on a regional needs assessment with the VA in the region and the Army hospital at Fort Leonard Wood. The officials there are really excited about PHW being available to their patients.

If you live in MO, KS, OK, or AR and would like to help teach fly tying, casting, and fly fishing skills to wounded warriors and disabled veterans, please contact me ASAP. I'm compiling a list of potential volunteers.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A CASTING INSTRUCTOR, GUIDE, OUTFITTER, COMMERCIAL TYER, ETC.! But that is NOT a requirement.