+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick, Dave and Joe

Default Rick, Dave and Joe

Rick, Dave and Joe,

Thanks for the very cool perspective of 3 different versions and views of the same outing. The pictures are great as well. As primarily a warm water (not a lot of trout in Ohio) guy myself, I look forward to "Panfish" and "Warmwater" every week, the added bonus of a "Reader's Cast" this week was appreciated.

Keep on fishin' and tellin' us about it,

Mike

Default Re: Rick, Dave and Joe

Thanks Mac

If you hadn't mentioned AD's article in Readers Casts I wouldn't have known! Three great impressions on the same fishing trip.

Thanks Rick, Joe and Dave

Greg

Thanks for the kind words.
    Have you thought about writing something and putting on the pnafish or Warmwater?
    Remember Joe is thinking about moving to Idaho and may regress to fishing for trout.

Rick

Hi Folks,

Thanks from me, also, for mentioning the readers casts. If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have read it either. Neat to read three accounts of the same trip.

Enjoyed the articles that you three wrote a lot.

Thanks and regards,

Gandolf

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Z
    Remember Joe is thinking about moving to Idaho and may regress to fishing for trout.
    Trout? He will be sorry.

I would rather catch bream any day than trout.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

RonS81 Guest

Thanks also, I'm always learning new things on FAOL. Great reading. I'm a Warmwater fanatic, too!

Hey folks, I go through the trouble of producing a "What's New" each week for this Bulletin Board. The three articles were all listed on it. Read the bloody thing so you don't miss anything.

This is truly the only, regularly updated warm water conversation and accompanying articles I have found available anywhere. I enjoy cold water fishing, but I only have warm water near and REALLY appreciate the fact that, here, I don't get the feeling that warm water fly fishing is an "Oh, by the way". Thank you!
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

I read somewhere, reasonably recent, an industry article which claimed there are more non-trout fly fishers in the US than
    trout/salmon fly fishers. JC and I have felt for some time this has been a very mis-treated segment of anglers. So it is not by accident that we devote so much space to our warm waters anglers.

I would like to say that being a lifelong cold water flyfisher, a few yrs ago at the WA Fish-In, I caught bluegill on dry flies and it was great fun! Those fish are ornery!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread