My grandson had been wanting to go fly fishing with me for some time. Not knowing how a 7 y.o. would do casting a fly line, I was some what hesitent. Would he be able to make a cast or would the line fall at his shoes. Would he become frustrated and loose desire. Thiese are questions I keep asking myself. So, this past weekend I threw a fly rod and reel into the car for a family father's day get-together were I would be seeing my grandson. I asked my grandson if he wanted to try casting a fly line and he replied with a resounding "yes, pop-pop" "can I really try it"? So off we went in search of a grassy area large enough to throw some line out. Well, I was greatly surprised. He not only never became frustred, but was also able to make a decent cast after about 30 minutes or so.

Yesterday I bought a Cabela's fly rod for him and plan on suprising him with it in less than 2 weeks from now and take him fishing. I plan on taking him fishing for panfish were he should have some early success. I think just catching fish, any fish for now, would help keep his attention.

I"m pretty siked about the whole thing and look forward to when we get to go fishing together.

Scott