Like a lot of fly fishers I use a double surgons loop, or a perfection loop for loop to loop connections while fishing for small to medim sized fish. They are quick easy knot that hold fairly well. I have done some of my own testing with them and found that the perfection loop is stonger until 4x or 3x tippet, then the double surgeons loop is stronger. Neither is stronger than the knot I use to attach the fly. For larger fish and heavier tippet, I taught myself how to tie a bimmini twist with my mouth and 2 hands on stream. It takes about 3 times as long to tie as the other loop knots, uses about 10 times more tippet, and creates a spot in my tippet prone to catching on tidbits in the water. It is however a 100% knot.

My question is: Does anyone know of a good 90-100% loop knot that uses less tippet and its lower profile than the bimmini twist? or of a different system to attach fly line to leader other than loop to loop that doesn't slowly eat up the fly line.

I am using tippet from 10 to 18 lbs for salmon and need every ounce of strength I can get. Thanks to anyone out there that can help out.