+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Fish-In at Bennet Spring State park

Default Missouri Fish-In at Bennet Spring State park

I've had the pleasure of attending a fish-in in another state, FL, last february. I know there are alot of us here in the Missouri/Kansas area who love to flyfish. What about one here?

My question: How much interest would there be in a weekend fish-in to Bennet Spring? It would of course be open to anyone from anywhere. I think that with a little planning it could really be a great time. I'm sure we could get Charlie Reading to give a talk on rod building or even a casting class in the casting pool at his shop, there's also the Jim Rogers Fly Fishing School right at the park, he might be able to give a casting class or two, we could probably do something like a fly swap, or have a tying night, and of course a cookout or two, the possibilities are endless.

I'd be happy to do most of the leg-work to get it organized, any help would of course be very appreciated, but before I get too involved I'd like to get a rough idea of how many people would be interested.

If anyone is interested, please let me know, and I'll get started.

Tight lines to all,

Thunderthumbs.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Missouri Fish-In at Bennet Spring State park

I'd be there. I've been trying to find a way to attend one, but haven't been able to yet. I'm 6 hours or so away, and haven't been there before, but would help out as needed.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Let us know,,, we will try to help.

Montauk instead of Bennett and I'm in depending on dates chosen.

Last year's MO Fish-in was on Taneycomo. Tent camping is a bit of an issue there, as the State Park on Table Rock is the nearest option. And, in my opinion, Summer is a BAD time to plan one on a tailwater. They run too much water and the parks are too crowded.

That's my 2 cents worth of input.

My 2 ? ? Bennett Springs. More for whole families. Good accomodations for camping or rooms. Good dining hall. Lots of flyshops. Great ideas for presentations. Great idea Thunderthumbs!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I would certainly vote for Bennett Springs for something like this. I have thought that it would be fun to attend one of these fish-ins but have never had the time or ability to make any of the others. We are about 6 hours away also but would be interested especialy if in the first part of October. The park is beautiful then, the water clear, the summer crowds are gone, the weather is great, and there are loads of cooprotive rainbows and some very nice browns in the stream. My wife's knee replacements will be good to go by then and we are planning to be down there the 2nd or 3rd week of October anyway. It is kind of neat then also because many of the campers decorate for fall and Halloween, everything from pumpkins, to ghosts, to witches in the trees and once a scarecrow "hanging" from a tree limb. I would be interested in meeting some of the people on here and we both really enjoy time spent at Bennett Springs. How could you go wrong?

I would be interested, but might I suggest a week long event? That way, there is more of an opportunity for folks to come, if not for the entire week, for parts of it.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I'm interested as I already have reservations for 4th week of October.
    I was trying to fit in the Tenn gathering but this is easier for me.

Definitely interested. Will be in the Ozarks during the middle of October. Bennett, Montauk, Norfork, Taney old stompin' grounds.

I'm up for it too!!
    Bennett has more places to stay and such.But, Montauk is a better place to fish.Plus you have the Blue Ribbon trout waters below the park on the Current river.There are places nearby to stay but they are about 25-30 mins from the park.

Either way let me know..
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread