Jack Hise and I went out to the Duck and had a great time. Jack did well on the trout while I got skunked on them. But I wandered into a hole that was full of eager bluegills in the 7-8" range. These fish were fat and in excellent shape, which is a testament to the fertility of the Duck River. They tore into a woolly bugger that survived being taken by 2-3 dozen 'gills. One of the fish that I landed wasn't even hooked. He had taken the fly completely and I was dreading what I might see when I forced his mouth open. To my surprise, the fly was loose in his mouth and slid right out. That 'gill had no intention of spitting out that fly. Another bluegill gave me quite an aerial show by leaping out of the water throwing the hook. The show was worth the price of admission, one freed fish.

We wrapped up about 1 PM. I asked Jack if he was going to make an evening trip to the river. He looked a little sheepish and admitted that he probably would. This is a guy who is getting out twice a day, not just twice a week!

I hope that y'all are having fun too.

Ed