Joe,
That is a neat idea about the stirrups! You a right about the two anchor system as well. I currently anchor from the bow only. That is going to be remedied right away as the slightest wind on the still waters I fish will put me sideways to the chop. A potentially dangerous situation!

She ain't the most expensive lady of the lake but for the slow rivers and still waters that I fish she is hard to beat. I did a lot of research before buying this make of canoe. What I found out was that the general opinion was this canoe is great for my type of fishing/paddling. I got it on sale at Harrisburg, Pa. Bass Pro Shop for $299.99. I figured for about three hundred bucks a person can't go too wrong. I am very pleased with it. When I do go to sell my canoe I intend to give all of our FAOL friends a chance to buy it. Hopefully that won't be for another year or two but you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Many thanks to all of you for advice and tips. There are some great ideas here that can be of use to all who enjoy paddling a canoe.