The sign of a good company is not one that ships as expected, but rather one that when something unusual happens they rise to the occaison and make it right. I received an order from Hills Discount Flies today (Wednesday) in preparation for a trip to Maine that I leave for on Friday. Mind you I'm in Massachusetts and they are in Washington. The order was placed on Friday last and it arrived exactly when expected. The unfortunate thing is that the flies were mis-picked. Some were missing and others the count was short.

I called Hills at 8:05 AM their time. Told them what had happened and what was missing. I also asked if they could send it out so I could have it in time for the trip. I got a response that they would have to check with management (I assume Jim). They promised a call back. At 8:20 their time I get the call back. The missing flies have been picked, they are in a package and will be shipped overnight. I got an apology and they got a committment for more of my business.

I can always accept people making mistakes when they are willing to deal with the consequences. Kudo's to Jim and his staff at www.hillsdiscountflies.com

No wonder they are a sponsor here.

jed