I just returned from a trip to the Rockies (Utah side). Was it great to be back home!! I was there for family reasons so I only had time to fish one morning. I went back to my honey hole on the Provo river where there are more browns in a mile of water than Mormons in the whole state! I had tied up a few wet flies from a pattern found here in the old flies archives. Don't remember the name but it has a pheasant tail-tail, peacock herl body, light brown hackle and a mallard over-wing.
I had read somewhere (maybe here) to avoid the belly in the line when swinging wet flies. I had attempted, unsuccsessfully, to swing wet flies in the past and realized that I had always thought that the belly was what "swung" the fly.

After catching fish after fish in this fashion (which is absolutely incredible) I realized that all of the fish i'd caught were when I was casting more down-stream and mending a little than casting farther across and letting the belly of line swing the fly. Just thougt I'd share that little bit. I highly, HIGHLY suggest fishing wet flies. Check out the old patterns in the "flies and old stuff" area. It really made me feel like I could be called a real fly fisherman having fished the traditional flies in a tradtional method.