Thanks for the article, Joe. Reminds me of home.

After reading your article for this week Joe, I have to say that I'm not surprised. I've spent a lot of time at the un-named lake and have tried a lot of different strategies. The lake is so inviting and it obviously has great structure but it doesn't give up it's secrets easily. You might check with Bluegill 222--I've seen him out there a few times and he seems to have the key but my guess is that you are going to have to expand your horizons a bit beyond "old reliable". One pattern that I've found to be pretty consistent. And that is catching large bluegill ion small black poppers at this time of the year off of the dam but only very late into the evening--read dark. I love it out there at that time with the wind dying down and the night sounds picking up. Check the park closing times, you don't want to be locked in or maybe you do. That would certainly make a good follow-up story.

I haven't been out there this year, yet since I'm still up in New York having to put up with trout fishing around waterfalls and such.

BW