After reading Mr Castwell's well written article I surmised the results of such an invasion. I must say that in my part of the country, such an act will surely have adverse results. You see, I live in redneck country, and the last thing I want to see at my beloved fishing hole is a bunch of drunk rednecks, hooting and hollering, falling over drunk with a fly rod in hand. Let em catfish with bait I say.

The tactic that I employ goes like such...

Thoughout my life I encounter all kinds of people. I work for Fed Ex and meet, get to know hundereds of people. When I meet a sportsman that I feel cares about the enviroment and seems like an intellegent sort, I will in an offhand way mention Fly Fishing. They will usuall ask where I could find a place to fly fish and my reply is always "anywhere there is water". Then they will ask what can you catch with a fly rod and my reply as always is "anything that is in the water". Then like Houdini the magizine will apear and be left for his enjoyment.

Maybe it's a little more shrewd way of getting the same results, but in the land of Redneck, one must be very carefull!