+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Whitlock

Default Dave Whitlock

Ken,
    Thanks for your fine Article! Dave Whitlock has always been a important inspiration to me. For the past 35 yrs Dave's work as a Flyfisher and Artist have meant a lot to me. I had a few fishing personalities to emulate and Dave was the one I picked. Dave brought a new way of looking at flyfishing and it got my attention. His hopper pattern has always been my favorite. Dave's behavior is what is most important, because he has been a great ambassador for flyfishing. I hope Dave and Emily have happiness and peace.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Dave Whitlock

Hope Ken got his autograph---my copy of "Guide to Aquatic Trout Foods" is signed "May this guide help you enjoy more skillful flyfishing"with his name but---it includes a fly rod. line, flies and a jumping trout. I asked him at one of our get togethers if he tied to catch fish or fishermen. Fishermen of course!!!!!!! BILL

I got 3 of his Masters Series DVD's ALL autographed. No way I'd be missing that opportunity! Plus, he donated all of the flies he tied that day with signed and dated authenticity cards for our prize drawing after dinner. Unfortunately, those flies are going to be something special in the not so distant future. I thought that was a rather grand gesture. He sells such flies for $50 each. And he donated 7-8 of them.

It was my pleasure to write this column, DShock.

I met him at SowBug two years ago.
    A very nice gentleman.
    I gave him two of the tandem bass bugs I make and he thought they were the weirdest thing he ever saw.
    But he showed alot of folks the flies as he made noise about them.

Rick

SM...now you are scaring me

"At seventy three years old, he probably won?t be around a whole longer. "

Sorry, ducksterman, not wishing anyone ill or anything. Just a statistical probability.

But I feel so good

It is interesting though as I find myself telling my buddy that we had better get those lakes planted ASAP that we're working on....cause who knows.

[quote="ducksterman"]SM...now you are scaring me

"At seventy three years old, he probably won?t be around a whole longer. "[/quote Ducksterman that's terrible to say such a thing about Dave---I'm ten yearsolder than Dave and some young one have a hard time keeping up with me BILL

Yep, Bill you're one of my heros

Bill,
    My Dad is 81 and he is in better shape than anyone in our family!
    Attitude is what it's all about. All my Dad worries about is when Jepoardy (game show) is on.
    Glad your doing good Bill!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread