I'm building my first rod and need a little help spining the rod blank. I am building a 7'9" 3Wt H&H. When I place the butt of a section on a table and roll it to determine the point that it gets stiffest then soft I am assuming that the spine will be facing the table at this point. Is this correct? Also I cannot feel this point on the butt section, possibly because of its stiffness overall and the section being only approx. 24" long. Here I am assuming that if I can't feel where the spine is on this section that possibly it won't be overly important in the final performance of the rod. Is this correct? And finally on a 3 wt do i want to install the guides on the spine (stiff side) or the soft side (180 deg. opposite the spine? I figure that installed on the spine the rod may cast a little better but be softer fighting a fish with the reverse true if guides are placed opposite the spine. Which is preferrable in your opinion on a light rod? Any help from my friends will be greatly appreciated.